This trip to the northwest highlands of Mai Chau offers a balance of cultural interest and physical activity, set amongst some of northern Vietnam 's most stunning scenery. We trek for one and a half days through villages in Mai Chau and overnight in a White Thai village where we have the opportunity to observe the lifestyle of these minority groups. From the mountainous region of Mai Chau, we travel back to the nation's capital, Hanoi.
Itinerary in Details:
Day 1: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Pong Cong Village (L, D)
We depart Hanoi and head west toward Hoa Binh City where we stop for refreshments and coffee. Leaving Hoa Binh, we climb toward the Mai Chau valley, about another 1.5 hours away, stopping on the way to take in the spectacular scenery. Following lunch in Mai Chau town, we stroll around the stunning villages of Thai people. Our hosts for this evening will be the White Thai minority people and we will stay in one of their traditional stilt houses. There, we will be toasted as honoured guests and will be able to sample some of their homemade rice wine! In sampling these people's hospitality, we will discover a little more about their lives and culture following the evening meal. Tonight's accommodation will probably be a little more rustic than your usual accommodations at home.
Day 2: Pong Cong Village - Na Meo - Xo - Lac Village – Hanoi (B, L)
Following breakfast we begin our half-day trek of 15km in this beautiful valley, going from one village to another. As we walk, we will encounter the local villagers going about their daily business tilling the fields, logging or herding the buffalo. We reach our destination at Khoe Village. Drive back to Lac Village for lunch. Afterwards we can stroll around the hamlets, before returning back to Hanoi. Drop off at your hotel. End of tour.
Thank you for travelling with Asia View Travel.
• Tours & transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
• 1 night at homestay in Maichau
• Private English speaking guide
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary at local restaurant with local foods (B = breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
• Entrance fees and permits for all sights visited
• Mineral Water & Towel
• Government taxes & Service charges
• International flights to and from Vietnam.
• Accommodation in Hanoi
• Vietnam visa arrangement (upon request visa on arrival at 15 USD, not including stamping fee at 25 USD)
• Meals not indicated in the itinerary
• All other services which are not mentioned above
• Personal travel insurance (Compulsory).
• Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills.
• Tips and gratuities
What to bring:
• Sun Block
• Wide brim hat
• Camera + Film
• Comfortable shoes
• Rain gear
• Warm clothes
• Insect Repellent
• Original Passport