Day 1: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Hang Kia village (L, D)
Pick up at your hotel, depart Hanoi for Hoa Binh province and the town of Mai Chau. This scenic drive takes around three hours. Along the way we pass fields of tapioca and sugar cane as well as rice paddies. After lunch in a traditional stilt house of the Thai people, we drive for one hour to Sa Linh Village to begin our trekking. The verdant and rugged mountain scenery combined with the colorful local population makes this an unforgettable experience. Today we walk along gravel tracks and small paths, used by the locals. Our destination for this evening is Hang Kia village, home of the H'mong Minority people. Here we stay overnight as the guests of an H'mong family in a traditional long house, situated in a picturesque valley of peach orchards.
Day 2: Hang Kia village - Van village (B, L, D)
Today we get well and truly off the beaten track as we trek through tropical rain forest, using the local tracks and passing through cornfields as we descend in to Mai Chau Valley. Along the way we encounter the local villagers as they go about their daily business: whether it be tilling the fields, logging or herding buffalo. The trek usually takes around 7 hours and is quite steep in places. Lunch will be provided en route, and weather permitting, we will have a picnic near a babbling brook at the foot of the valley. From here we pass through several White Thai villages, and are sure to attract attention as this part of the country receives very few visitors. We arrive at Van village by late afternoon and will have time to walk around this charming little village, enabling us to understand a little more about how the people live. The village is home to the Thai people, and tonight we will be their guests in one of their traditional stilt houses. There, we will be toasted as honored guests and will be able to sample some of their homemade rice wine!
Day 3: Van village - Khoe - Hanoi (B, L)
This morning we trek for a couple of hours passing through several more Thai hamlets. We walk on the valley floor and are surrounded by rice paddies and beautiful scenery. At the small village of Khoe we meet up with our waiting vehicle and drive back towards Mai Chau. Lunch is again provided in Lac Village and there is also the chance to do a little souvenir shopping before we return to Hanoi .
• Tours & transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
• 2 nights at home stay in Mai chau
• Private English speaking guide
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary at local restaurant with local foods (B = breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
• Entrance fees and permits for all sights visited
• Mineral Water & Towel
• Government taxes & Service charges
• International flights to and from Vietnam.
• Vietnam visa arrangement (upon request visa on arrival at 15 USD, not including stamping fee at 25 USD)
• Meals not indicated in the itinerary
• All other services which are not mentioned above
• Personal travel insurance (Compulsory).
• Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills.
• Tips and gratuities