Le Cochinchine is a modern and tastefully designed in traditional style. It measures around 30 meters long from bow to stern and has two 420 HP engines, one in back up, making Le Cochinchine a very powerful and safe river vessel.
Le Cochinchine offers an elegant, relaxing and fulfilling ways to explore endless water way of Mekong River with pleasant encounter with local people. With Le Cochinchine, you will have ample opportunity to see Vietnam in its authenticity and sample local culture and food, in a one unpacking, unforgettable vacation where your "floating hotel" get you insight into Mekong Delta and quaint villages.
Aboard Le Cochinchine you will enjoy the continuous and ever-changing scenery
as you encounter a lively world of legendary waterways and picturesque landscapes, floating markets, lush bonsais garden, rice fields, villages, pagodas and temples and fruit-filled orchards, and boat laden bazaar.
Each cabin has its own air-conditioning unit, which can be adjusted for your comfort. We recommend you do not over-cool your cabin as the sudden change from the outside temperature to a chilled cabin can bring on colds, respiratory illnesses and even stomach upsets. When you go out, we recommend you turn the setting to 'Lo Cool', set at about 4, and then when you return you can readjust the temperature to your preference without having to wait for cool air. At night you may prefer to use the fan only, and have the windows open. Insect netting covers the windows to enable you to do this. Please do not leave your air-conditioner on with the window open - this results in energy loss (the equivalent of switching on the heating and opening the windows in a cold country!)
Meals on board Le Cochinchine meals are taken at one sitting. It is not necessary to sit at the same table each time and we have tables for individuals, couples right up to larger groups. We offer a mixture of local cuisine with richly flavor and taste and there are always vegetarian dishes offered. Passengers requiring special diets, such as vegetarian, low salt & low cholesterol meals, may make their requests to the chef when onboard. The chef will try to honor all requests. Exotic fruit, fresh organic vegetables, locally caught fish and prawns are the preference of most of our passengers.
The cruise bar is always open, it offers while selection of drinks including
famous wine French, Australian, Italian wine.
This play rooms will keep your baby busy with different games as chess, playing card, darts, dominos, toys, and reading, painting books
The sun deck is located on the top of our boat, It is spacious for your relaxation and suntans. For your enjoyment, there are plenty of deck chairs.
Bicycles on board
Row boat on board
Bicycles are carried onboard. Crew will be happy to help you with bike adjustments and getting it on and off the barge. Please remember to use caution when riding along towpaths or into villages. A decision to engage in cycling during the cruise constitute the travellers assumption of all risks associated and an agreement not to make a claim against the barge owners for any personal injury, death or property damage that arises out of such activity.
Exploring the Mekong Delta with kayak along the small canal and arrayos.
An experienced, English/ French - speaking Passenger Service Manager accompanies every departure. They are there to ensure your comfort, answer questions and make your vacation the most memorable trip ever.
ITINERARY IN DETAILS
Day 1: Saigon – Caibe – Tra on (L, D)
• 8:00 pick up at your hotel in Saigon, transfer to Caibe.
• 11:30 - 12:00 boarding LE COCHINCHINE boat. Enjoy welcome drink.
• Transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, the mazes of waterway, local pop-rice and sweets production.
• Visit of colonial buildings, old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
• Le Cochinchine continues its cruise to Cochien. Lunch served on board
• Embark on a pleasant walk or cycle on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and the local people's activities. Visit a cottage industry, a local farm and sample seasonal fruits
• Leisurely cruise on the Mekong River while taking in the beautiful scenery .
• Enjoy an aperitif over the sunset.
• Dinner and night on board.
Day 2: Tra on – Can Tho – Saigon (B)
• Breakfast on board.
• The morning bobbling commotion of Mekong river life comes to life for another lovely day our boat set sails to Cantho through tributary and canals.
• Transfer to Cairang: one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong. We go for a walk along the canals and the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards, ship building yards, rural and water activities in full swing.
• Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
• 11:00 Disembark in Cantho. The car and driver pick up you, transfer to hotel in Saigon. Drop off at your hotel. End of tour.
Cost in USD per person based on twin sharing :
No of pax
• English / French speaking guide on board
• Round trip of private transfer from Saigon
• 1 night in twin/ double cabin - Le Cochinchine Cruise
• 2 days cruise with stops and visits as stated in the itinerary
• Meals as indicated ( B = breakfast; L = lunch; D = diner)
• Admission fees and permits where applicable
• Biking, Sampan boat ride
• Airfares & airport taxes
• Pre/post trip arrangement
• Visa and visa arrangement
• Travel insurance
• Other personal expenses