The Bassac II is entirely built of wood in a hull of "gỗ sao", the now rare essence of wood used traditionally used for building quality ships.
She can accommodate up to 24 passengers in twelve nicely decorated cabins, each with air-con and a private bathroom, and features a 500 sqft restaurant that opens all around, a large galley, a small office room and 1500 sqft of upper deck, mostly covered.
The Bassac II can take her passengers on cruises up to seven days without stopping, and offers a great flexibility in programming your journey. She also is so powerful and has such a shallow draft as to be able to cruise upstream the Mekong or bring you to your destination regardless of the season, the tide or the current.
Class VR-SI, River Cruise
Displacement 190metric tons
Length 105’ / 32m
Beam 25’ /7.80m
Draft 4’2’’ /1.30m half-loaded
Propulsion 2 Cummins 12 liter atmospheric engines designed for 5000 hours operating a year
Navigation Can operate by night and in bad weather
Autonomy 7 days cruise
Owing to its large engines and specially designed hydraulics, the Bassac II can pull up to 12 knots and go upstream the powerful Mekong, even facing strong currents.
As the Bassac II has a shallow draft, she can go through all the main waterways regardless of the tide.
8 cabins in the front of the main deck:
6 with twin bedding, 2 with a double bed.
2 large double-bedded cabins in the front of the hull.
Heat and sound insulation in each cabin.
Air conditioning, private access.
En suite bathroom with shower and toilet
The comfortable cabins are set in the front of the Bassac II or on the upper deck and well insulated so as to provide the passengers with a good night's sleep even if under way. They are entirely fitted with wood, and equipped as rooms in a good hotel. Owing to a large heat exchanger on the main engines, the Bassac II produces enough hot water for many showers a day.
Restaurant and bar
The 500 square feet at the stern of the main deck accommodate the restaurant and the bar can be completely opened to outside for you to enjoy the evening.
Upper deck 1500 square feet, mostly shaded.
The front is fit for sunbathing and rest on sunbathing couches;
The bar at the back welcomes you for a drink outside as the sun sets.
Speed Boat Vietnam - Cambodia or vice versa
Day 1: Saigon – Caibe – Tra on (L, D)
• 8:00 pick up at your hotel in Saigon, transfer to Caibe.
• Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, Introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
• Departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
• Lunch while on route. Rest on the deck.
• Turning into Cho Lach canal for 30 minutes through the traffic of sand and rice barges, in a scenery of fruit drying facilities and wooden ship building yards.
• Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
• Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
• The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from the little Tra On floating market, for the night. Overnight on board.
Day 2: Tra on – Can Tho – Saigon (B)
• Breakfast is available from 06:30, while the ship is cruising the Tra On floating market. The ship then departs towards Can Tho.
• Arrival in Cai Rang floating market, check out and transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, the nearby arroyos and gardens and return to the Ninh Kieu pier. Then disembark.
• We now travel by land to Chau Doc, on the way we will pass Thot Not to visit Bang Lang Bird Sanctuary (Stork Garden) - (in forbiddance as of bird flu) or Crocodile Farm.
• On arrival at Chau Doc, visit the Sam mountain to enjoy the a breath-taking view and enjoy the sunset on the top of Sam Mountain. Over night at hotel in Chau Doc.
Day 3: Chau Doc – Phnompenh (B)
• Breakfast at hotel, transfer to the boat pier to take the speed boat to Phnompenh. The leaves Chau Doc around 7:30 and arrive in Phnompenh around 12:00. End of tour.
Thank you for travelling with Asia View Travel.
Cost in USD per person based on twin sharing :
No of pax
• Tours & transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
• 1 night in twin/ double cabin - Le Bassac Cruise and 1 night at 3* hotel in Chau doc
• English speaking guide on board
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary at local restaurant with local foods (B = breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
• Boat cruise as stated
• Entrance fees and permits for all sights visited
• Speed boat ticket Chau doc - Phnompenh
• Mineral Water and towel
• Government taxes & Service charges
• International flights to and from Vietnam.
• Vietnam visa arrangement (upon request visa on arrival at 15 USD, not including stamping fee at 25 USD)
• Cambodia Visa (available at the border at 20 USD/visa)
• Meals not indicated in the itinerary
• All other services which are not mentioned above
• Personal travel insurance (Compulsory).
• Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills.
• Tips and gratuities