- Song Xanh II and Song Xanh III: 18metres long x 4metres large, 1 bed room + 1 salon at the front that can be transformed into 1 more bed room at night with same space and facilities, 1 bathroom including wc, hands washer, shower) + 1 sun deck at the back with table and chairs/ Capacity 4 adults or less with childrens/ 3 Crew members including Captain + 1 English or French speaking guide.
- Song Xanh IV: 22metres long x 4,5metres large, 2 bed rooms + 1 salon at the front that can be transformed into 1 more bed room at night with same space and facilities, 1 bathroom including wc, hands washer, shower) + 1 sun deck at the back with table and chairs/ Capacity 6 adults or less with childrens/ 4 Crew members including Captain + 1 English or French speaking guide.
- Salon amenities: 1 rattan sofa and 2 rattan armchairs with cotton pillows, 1 rattan low table, books, 1 rattan standing lamp, water jacynth floor carpet.
- Bathroom amenities: Tooth brushes and tooth paste, cotton buds, shower cap, shampoo, soap, bath and hands cotton towels.
- Bed room amenities: Cotton kimonos, rattan slippers, fans, double bed with silk bed covers and pillows, 2 rattan bed drawers/bedroomwith 2 silk bed lamps lotus style, 1 ratan chest drawer/bedroom, 1 rattan sofa with cotton pillows, water jacynth floor carpets (bed sides and front).
- Sun deck amenities: teak wood square table with 4 or 6 bamboo/hard cotton chairs.
- 1 small roawing boat attached at the back ("Xuong") with bicycles for deeper canals discovery.
Mode of Operation:
- All of our cruises are operated on "private charter" basis.
- No "join-in".
- No fixed departure dates.
- Confirmations are given on "first come first" basis according to boat availabilities on requested dates.
ITINERARY IN DETAILS
Day 1: Cai Be - An Phu - Dong Hoa Hiep - /Vinh Long/ Sa Dec (L, D)
Morning pick up you at 7:30 am transfer to Cai Be where you will embank the Song Xanh Sampan, the excursion starts from Cai Be town pier at around 10.00am. You will be welcomed with fresh cotton towels. After your installation, the cruise will begin with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. Visits will be made at an ancient mandarin house dating from 1890 where you will we welcomed by the owner. Another stop at some local home factories will allow you to observe how rice paste, coconut candies and other specialties are traditionally made. We will proceed to Phu An hamlet, an untouched beautiful area reflecting some of the best sights the Mekong Delta can offer. A delicious lunch will await you at "Le Longanier", a superb Indochinese villa located by the river, in a lush tropical garden surrounded by fruit plantations. After lunch, your sampan will proceed to Sa Dec via Vinh Long, cruising by Dong Phu and An Binh islets famous for their fruit orchards. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers, criss-crossed with countless arroyos, and remaining unknown to many people. Crossing the large Co Chien River we will pass under the spectacular My Thuan Bridge. On the banks, some dark smokes in the sky will lead us to one of the largest artisanal bricks and tiles factory where you will have an interesting visit. Further, Sa Dec town will appear like a little “Venice” with numerous narrow canals…You will disembark for a guided visit of this charming and peaceful town, walking along its narrow streets where beautiful French old houses and Chinese temples dating from the last century are numerous… You will visit the local market and the Trung Vuong primary school where well known writer Marguerite Duras spent her childhood (see her famous novel turned into the movie “The Lover”). Back on board your sampan, you will enjoy a romantic dinner served on the deck during the sunset. First night on the Mekong river on board.
Day 2: Sac De - Long Xuyen - Cho Moi (B, L, D)
The breakfast will be served on board at 07:00. Your Sampan will slowly leave Sa Dec and proceed the cruise upstream the river to Long Xuyen, a peaceful provincial town located on the Mekong’s banks. We will pass by several luxuriant islands, crossing countless sampan boats carrying sand, rice, fruits and vegetables, fishes, showing an intense activity on the river. Approaching Long Xuyen, your lunch will be served on board. Later, you will have a quick tour of Long Xuyen typical center before cruising further to “Cu Lao Ong Ho” (The Tiger Island) for a visit at Ton Duc Thang museum, second president of Vietnam…We will proceed upstream on the Mekong river to Chau Doc. Some stops on the banks will be possible for cycling tours to discover deeper the inhabitants life style. In the evening, we will organize for you an exciting experience in a village located in the suburbs of Cho Moi, where your dinner will be arranged at some typical local house. You will be able to share experiences with family members and learn about traditional Southern Vietnam lifestyle, one of the highlights of your journey on the Mekong which should not be forgotten! Back on board your private sampan for your second night on the river. Overnight on board.
Day 3: Cho Moi - Chau Doc (B)
Early morning, your breakfast will be served on board while we will be cruising to Chau Doc. We will cruise on a beautiful river, little arm of the Mekong, where several traditional activities can be observed on the banks (artisanal boat factories, bamboo baskets making, palm leaves cutting, net fishing), as well as old Vietnamese temples dating from late 19th century. We will be cruising the Bassac river before entering Chau Doc. The town is famous for its floating fish farming villages, floating markets and Cham villages, an ancient Muslim ethnic population with their kingdom covering Cambodia and south Vietnam during the 10th century. Located on the upper Mekong Delta, Chau Doc town is 280 km (174 miles) south-west of Ho Chi Minh City close to the Cambodian border. With such proximity to Cambodia, the local population is an eclectic mix of Cham, Khmer, Chinese and Vietnamese, sharing different cultures and historical richness. Your cruise journey will end before noon in Chau Doc where you will be pick up and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel in Chau Doc
Day 4: Chau Doc - Phnom Penh (B)
After breakfast, we transfer to boat pier for deparutre to Phnom Penh by speed boat (leave 7:00, arrive Phnom Penh around 12:00). End of tour.
Thank you for travelling with Asia View Travel.
Cost in USD per person based on private group :
No of pax
• 3 days cruise on private boat Songxanh Sampan
• 2 night on board, 1 night at 3* hotel in Chau doc
• English speaking guide on board
• Transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
• Speed boat ticket Chau doc - Phnompenh
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary with local foods (B = breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
• Mineral water & Cold Towel
• Admission fees and permits where applicable
• Bicycles and “ Xuong ” rowing boat rides
• Government taxes and Service Charge
• Airfares & airport taxes
• Pre/post trip arrangement
• Visa in Vietnam Vietnam visa arrangement (upon request visa on arrival at 15 USD, not including stamping fee at 25 USD)
• Visa in Cambodia (available at the border at 20 USD/visa)
• Travel insurance
• Other personal expenses