Le Cochinchine is a modern and tastefully designed in traditional style. It measures around 30 meters long from bow to stern and has two 420 HP engines, one in back up, making Le Cochinchine a very powerful and safe river vessel.
Le Cochinchine offers an elegant, relaxing and fulfilling ways to explore endless water way of Mekong River with pleasant encounter with local people. With Le Cochinchine, you will have ample opportunity to see Vietnam in its authenticity and sample local culture and food, in a one unpacking, unforgettable vacation where your "floating hotel" get you insight into Mekong Delta and quaint villages.
Aboard Le Cochinchine you will enjoy the continuous and ever-changing scenery
as you encounter a lively world of legendary waterways and picturesque landscapes, floating markets, lush bonsais garden, rice fields, villages, pagodas and temples and fruit-filled orchards, and boat laden bazaar.
Each cabin has its own air-conditioning unit, which can be adjusted for your comfort. We recommend you do not over-cool your cabin as the sudden change from the outside temperature to a chilled cabin can bring on colds, respiratory illnesses and even stomach upsets. When you go out, we recommend you turn the setting to 'Lo Cool', set at about 4, and then when you return you can readjust the temperature to your preference without having to wait for cool air. At night you may prefer to use the fan only, and have the windows open. Insect netting covers the windows to enable you to do this. Please do not leave your air-conditioner on with the window open - this results in energy loss (the equivalent of switching on the heating and opening the windows in a cold country!)
Meals on board Le Cochinchine meals are taken at one sitting. It is not necessary to sit at the same table each time and we have tables for individuals, couples right up to larger groups. We offer a mixture of local cuisine with richly flavor and taste and there are always vegetarian dishes offered. Passengers requiring special diets, such as vegetarian, low salt & low cholesterol meals, may make their requests to the chef when onboard. The chef will try to honor all requests. Exotic fruit, fresh organic vegetables, locally caught fish and prawns are the preference of most of our passengers.
The cruise bar is always open, it offers while selection of drinks including
famous wine French, Australian, Italian wine.
This play rooms will keep your baby busy with different games as chess, playing card, darts, dominos, toys, and reading, painting books.
The sun deck is located on the top of our boat, It is spacious for your relaxation and suntans. For your enjoyment, there are plenty of deck chairs.
Bicycles on board
Row boat on board
Bicycles are carried onboard. Crew will be happy to help you with bike adjustments and getting it on and off the barge. Please remember to use caution when riding along towpaths or into villages. A decision to engage in cycling during the cruise constitute the travellers assumption of all risks associated and an agreement not to make a claim against the barge owners for any personal injury, death or property damage that arises out of such activity.
Exploring the Mekong Delta with kayak along the small canal and arrayos.
An experienced, English/ French - speaking Passenger Service Manager accompanies every departure. They are there to ensure your comfort, answer questions and make your vacation the most memorable trip ever ITI
ITINERARY IN DETAIL
Day 1: Saigon – Can Tho – Tra on (L, D)
• 8:00 pick up at your hotel in Saigon, transfer to Can tho
• 12:00-12:30 boarding LE COCHINCHINE boat. Enjoy welcome drink.
• Transfer on a local boat to explore the CaiRang market one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong. We go for a walk through the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards.
• LeCochinchine continues its cruise to Tra On. Lunch served on board.
• Leisurely cruise down the Mekong while enjoying the beautiful scenery
• Visits of the fruit farm and walks amongst pleasant villages on the footpaths of the countryside. Opportunity to meet with local people.
• Boarding back at with an aperitif while enjoying the magnificent sunset on the Mangthit canal and Nicola river.
• Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 2: Vinh long – My thuan – Sadec (B, L, D)
• Breakfast on board over splendid sunrise on the Mekong.
• Walks/cycle amongst the lush vegetation to visit the fruit farm, the handicraft villages and meet with local people .
• Le Cochinchine set sails again to Sadec while lunch is served on board.
• Visit busy Sadec food market and primary school headed by Magueritte Duras.
Walks along the village path and acquaintance with rural activities as farmers farm their fields: rice fields, vegetable farms, fish farms.
• Boarding back at with an aperitif while cruising down to Caithia.
• Dinner and overnight on board .
Day 3: Caibe – Saigon (B)
• Breakfast on boat in the morning.
• Cycling on the bank of the peninsula for a visit of the gardens and orchards.
• Le Cochinchine continues its cruise toward Caibe.
• Transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, local pop-rice and sweets production. Visit of colonial buildings, old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
• Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
• 11:00-11:30 Disembark in Caibe. The car and driver pick up you, transfer to hotel in Saigon. Drop off at your hotel. End of tour.
Cost in USD per person based on twin sharing :
No of pax
• English / French speaking guide on board
• Round trip of private transfer from Saigon
• 2 nights in twin/ double cabin - Le Cochinchine Cruise
• 3 days cruise with stops and visits as stated in the itinerary
• Meals as indicated ( B = breakfast; L = lunch; D = diner)
• Admission fees and permits where applicable
• Biking, Sampan boat ride
• Airfares & airport taxes
• Pre/post trip arrangement
• Visa and visa arrangement
• Travel insurance
• Other personal expenses