Itinerary in Details:
We start the day (8:15am / 1:30pm) with a drink at Hai Scout Café – our meeting point.
Visit the colorful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, we sit down and eat exactly what we have cooked.
Recipes (our food contains no MSG):
1. Making fresh Rice paper
2. Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
3. Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs & a Peanut Sauce
4. Marinated Beef on a Sizzling Plate
5. Vietnamese Eggplant in Clay Pot
6. Food Decoration - Pineapple Boat, 3 Colored Flowers & Vietnamese Hand Fan
• Cooking class as stated in the itinerary
• Private English speaking guide
• Lunch as stated in the itinerary
• Boat cruise
• Entrance fees and permits for all sights visited
• Mineral Water & Towel
• Government taxes & Service charges
• International flights to and from Vietnam
• Vietnam visa arrangement (upon request visa on arrival at 15 USD, not including stamping fee at 25 USD)
• Meals not indicated in the itinerary
• All other services which are not mentioned above
• Personal travel insurance (Compulsory).
• Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills.
• Tips and gratuities